Friday, April 20, 2007

100 year old Hole-in-One.....

Making it to 100 years old these days isn't as impressive as it once was. You hear about it all the time, may even know someone personally.

This spring chicken to the left is 100+ years old and jarred a 102 yard par 3 (with her driver) just this week. I don't know if she has had more than one ace during her century, but this accomplishment was very blog worthy.

My good pal nearly aced a much longer par 3 in Vegas (for ten grand mind you) and it was exciting.....the anticipation of not being able to see the ball as you approached the green....yada yada yada...but no such luck.

The amazing part to me is that this old bird probably had no clue she even holed it.....even with those coke bottle glasses, 100 yards is a long long way. Take a glance at the putting form and stroke though...she has game kids. Maybe she can give some advice to Michelle Wie?

I have played golf now for 15 years (much more in the last 5-7 years) and have been close to a hole-in-one a few times now. Close meaning that another revolution or two and I'd have it on the wall....(I recall the best one at Kohler's Meadow Valley course, signature hole #15, with Heath and Kevin, in the dark trying to finish. One of the best 7-irons I ever hit, to an inch or two). Getting a hole-in-one is really the icing on the cake for me. I don't think I will ever shoot a round at par (although I have on nine holes), mentally I am just not there....

The hole-in-one is that elusive (for some) part of golf that you think about now and again, but leave to luck. Since I am not lucky all too often, I best be on my way to the range.

Congrats to granny and her ace....I hope she leaves one or two out there for me and my pals....at this point seeing one of my buddies do it would be just fine (at least then I would know us hacks have a chance)!

Enjoy the sunny WI weekend kids....it's going to be a good one!

No comments: