Sunday, September 30, 2007

Upset Weekend....Sunday Preview

I would consider myself a weekend gambler....only on football, and not for anything other than entertainment. This Saturday was the first time ever where I didn't win a single bet on college football. And, the amazing thing is, I don't mind at all.

Yesterdays games were unreal. 5 of the top 10 teams in the nation dropped games to 'lesser' opponents. Florida, looking for revenge at home against Auburn lost it late, WVU now has a team they cannot beat in SFU, Texas stunned, OK shocked, and even USC getting scared in WA. It was great....and if you are going to lose money, it's great to be able to smile afterwards.

It just goes to show you that true fans love football so much that they would 'pay' to see great games.

Moving on to Sunday....I am hoping to see my beloved Packers stay unbeaten, the Bears lose again, and hopefully the Benglas cover the spread on MNF. Another big game here at home in CA is the Niners and the Hawks...where my wife hopes the Niners can take that next step and beat the 'best' team in their division. Look out for that Niner "D" this year....adding a true shutdown corner has made all the difference. Nate Clements is worth every penny he receives.

Brett Favre....should break the TD record today, but people in GB don't really care. We want a W, and a chance for one more trophy in Titletown. Sharing in my picks today (careful, as read earlier, I lost everything yesterday):

Bengals to cover (7) MNF
Eagles to W
Colts to W
Steelers to cover
49ers to W
Bucs to W
Bills to W
Texans to W
Raiders to W

Good luck to all this Sunday (except you Bear fans, Viking fans, and Packer haters).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.